Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CHP April 8th

I went shopping today for some supplies and have been cutting and tumbling glass like crazy so that I don't run out. My friend Amy showed me a good way to wind some wire so that the kids can hang their piece when they are done. I went to ACE and the guy was very helpful when I needed to select some adhesive for the wire and tile. I also picked up 2 more bottles of Weldbond, my glue of choice with kids. Personally I prefer to use Mac glue but I think it would be too messy for this project.

Tomorrow is the first mosaic class for the kids. There should be 9 with a few parents too. Friday is the other class. I am putting together some goodie bags so that the kids will have a treat to take home with them. I'm still not sure what will happen with the grouting part. I am going to offer 3 options: I will take it home and grout it myself, I can send them home with the supplies and instructions so that they can grout it themselves or I can have them over to my house when its nice and teach them how to grout. I think it will depend on the parents as to which option the child chooses.

I have so much to do and feel like I am running out of time but I am sure it will be fine!! I really hate to disappoint kids. I think that adults understand much better when things don't go exactly as planned. I have so much more I need to add but I have to get back to prepping the tiles and making & gluing the hangers on.

No comments: